It's been another busy year. There were a few really bad moments, but we've had lots of great moments, this year. My cerebral palsy still makes life difficult and frustrating and tiring, but my family are finding their smiles, again.
My cancer is still gone (I have more scheduled tests, soon).
There is more and more laughter in my house, and my noisy sister sure keeps everyone on their toes!
I'm always having therapy and doctors appointments, but I am very determined.
We've raised a lot of awareness of childhood cancers, cortical vision impairment and cerebral palsy. Thanks for supporting us, in doing that!
- My littlest sister was born.
- I had my muscle cut, to try to help my hips... it didn't work, so...
- I had my femur broken and re-positioned in my hip. I nearly died, from the pain medications.
- I had two hospital stays, for pneumonia, because of my chronic lung condition.
- I learned a lot at Future Footprints (Conductive Education therapy).
- I went to pre-school... and, I loved it!
- I raised more money for charity. We've almost reached $30,000, for charity. We'll crack that in 2015.
- I danced on stage with the Music Makers!
- I got a beach wheelchair! And a toilet! And my GoTo Seat! And my high/low chair! And my floor surfer! And... a (hospital-style) big bed!
- We started working on my house renovations - the plans, anyway.
- Mum got shingles, brought on by exhaustion.
- I've met some beautiful people.
- There was a colour run, Christmas lights and an ice bucket challenge!
- I went to a Manly Sea Eagles game, and met some players!
- I got my disabled parking permit.
- I went surfing, and stand up (sit down) paddle boarding.
We thought we might look back, and see some of my most popular photos, from 2014. We picked the 14 most popular, individual photos, from my facebook page.
Here they are:
Here's to a healthy, happy, successful and fun 2015.
Have you seen my Doing it for Dexter facebook page?
And, I'm on twitter and instagram, too!
Read about my first try at surfing
Who is Dexter?
Conductive Education Therapy
Its A Good Time to Have CP
Cerebral palsy Awareness
My Beach Wheelchair!
Aunty Carol Remembers
We Nearly Lost Him This Time
Read more about the Music Makers
Hear Melissa sing to Dexter
A Dexter Day
Today, I just want to be a mum
Return to Home page
Return to Blog